This is an American recipe but O M G -FYI – temperature for oven 180
degrees in celesius and a 200gm block of chocolate and 225gms butter
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 30
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. kosher salt (why do Americans have fancy salt! They have too much time!)
1 cup rolled oats
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp, plus more for greasing
1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz. block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a baking sheet.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, kosher
salt, rolled oats, and cinnamon.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and
granulated sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together the
butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the
vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, gradually add the flour mixture into the
batter-sugar mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate
and walnuts, if using.
5. Spoon tablespoon-size balls of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving
about 2 inches between the dough balls. Bake the cookies for 12 to 13
minutes or until just beginning to color.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle each one with a few
grains of sea salt … it’s really important to do this while the
cookies are hot so the salt sticks. Let the cookies cool for a couple
minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining